Meetings / Events
- 14-16 Dec, 2015: 13th International Conference on
"Frontiers of Information
Technology (FIT'15)". COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 15-17 Nov, 2015: International Conference on
"Soil Sustainability for Food
Security". Institute of Soil & Environmental Sciences, University of Agriculture Faisalabad.
- 1 Dec, 2015: Special project on
Development of the Farmers of Balochistan (SDFB)" by PARC at the National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC) Islamabad.
- 30 Sep - 2 Oct, 2015: International workshop on
Agriculture Water Management in a Changing Environment- A special Focus on Olive Tree". Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture
University Rawalpindi (PMAS-AAUR).
- 16-18 Sep, 2015: International conference on
Climate Change: Resources, Challenges ad opportunities for Better life". Karakoram International University, Gilgit, Pakistan.
- 9 Sep, 2015: Agreement between the Government of Gilgit-Baltistan Forest, Wildlife & Environment Department and SUPARCO
to utilize atellite technology for forest
resources mapping and monitoring in the context of REDD+.
- 6 Sep, 2015: Seminar on
Sugarcane Productivity in Pakistan" through research and development activities with the help of Yunnan Academy of Agricultural Sciences of China. Thatta, Sindh.
- 2-4 Sep, 2015: 4th International Conference on
"Aerospace Science & Engineering (ICASE)".
Institute of Space Technology (IST), Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 26 - 31 Jul, 2015: International
Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2015,
the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society. Milan, Italy.
- 10-12 Jul, 2015: Training Course on
Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software)",
- 10 Jun, 2015: Workshop on
"Quality Onion Seed Production", by AIP-AVRDC.
Arid Zone Research Institute (PARC), Umerkot, Pakistan.
- 9 - 10 Jun, 2015: International Workshop on
"Supporting Future Earth with Global Geo-Information", by the National Geomatics Center
of China (NGCC). Beijing, China.
- 4 - 5 Jun, 2015: Training Workshop on
"Micro Irrigation Systems for Fruit Plants and Nurseries", by CAEWRI in collaboration with
NTHRI Shinkyari, Mansehra.
- 26 - 28 May, 2015: International Conference on
"Earth Observation - Global solutions for the challenges of sustainable development in societies at risk",
by UNOOSA/UN-SPIDER. Bonn, Germany.
- 25 May, 2015: Training Workshop on
"Water Resource Management", by the Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture
University Rawalpindi (PMAS-AAUR), FAO and AUS-AID Agricultural Project.
- 18-22 May, 2015: Training Course on
"Application of SRS/GIS Technology for estimation of crop area, yield and production" at SUPARCO Office, Islamabad.
- 11 - 15 May, 2015: 36th International Symposium on
"The Remote Sensing of Environment (ISRSE)", by the German Aerospace Center (DLR)
and the International Center for Remote Sensing of Environment (Tucson, Arizona).
- 11 May, 2015: Seminar on
"Water Security", by the University Institute of Information Technology.
At PMAS-AAUR Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- 4-8 May, 2015: 2nd Training Course on
"Remote Sensing & GIS Applications in Forest Management" at SUPARCO Office, Lahore.
- 28-29 Apr, 2015: International Conference on
"Innovative Agricultural Financing" by State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) and FAO at Karachi.
- 13-17 Apr, 2015: Training Course on
"Application of SRS/GIS Technology for estimation of crop area, yield and production" at National
Centre of Remote Sensing & Geo-informatics, Karachi.
- 30 Mar - 3 Apr, 2015: Training of Trainers on
"Agricultural Value Chain Financing" by State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) and FAO at Karachi.
- 2015: Workshop on
"Omics of Begomoiruses and its Impact on National Economy", by National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST).
Atta-ur-Rahman School of Applied Biosciences (ASAB), Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 4-5 Mar, 2015: Training Workshop on
"Irrigation Scheduling Optimization through Soil Moisture Monitoring" at CAEWRI field Station, NARC, Islamabad.
- Jan - Mar 2015: Activities on
"Satellite based crops monitoring system" in Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam.
- 18-19 Feb 2015: Events on project
"Management of Cotton Leaf Curl Virus (CLCV) Disease through Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques
by adopting Farmer Field School (FFS) approach" at ATI Sakrand, Sindh.
- 1 Feb 2015: Visit of Students from Thai Forest School, Abbottabad (KPK), and Research demonstration on
"Tea, Fruits, Vegetables, Medicinal Plants & Mushrooms Cultivation Production Technologies", National Tea & High Value Crops Research Institute (NTHRI-PARC), Shinkiari (KPK).
- 28 Jan - 1 Feb 2015: Training on
"Crop Information Portal, GLAM Portal,
AFSS and MAGIS" for CRSs and University staff at SUPARCO, Islamabad.
- 28-29 Jan 2015: Training Programe on
Pumping & Drip Irrigation System" at Institute of Plant Introduction (IPI),
SARC, PARC Karachi, under a joint activity of PARC and ICARDA.
- 16 Jan 2015: One day workshop on
"Off seasons vegetables" at NTHRI (PARC), Shinkiari (KPK).
- 13 Jan 2015: Demonstration of
"Micro Irrigation Technologies for Vegetable & Fruit Plant Nurseries to Community Workers" at PARC
Research with Demonstration Station at Satrameel.
Sep 2, 2015 - A new amendment (no. 3) was signed by USDA and FAO to formalize a no-cost
extension of the project GCP/PAK/125/USA from Oct 1, 2015 to Sep 30, 2016.
Aug 8, 2016.
E-bulletin 11, Apr-Jun 2016.
Aug 5, 2016.
E-learning courses on agriculture monitoring and statistics.
Aug 5, 2016.
FAO's ECONET approach and land cover change in Pakistan.
Aug 5, 2016.
Training on Carbon Sequestration.
Aug 5, 2016.
CRS Punjab bulletins Apr 2016.
Apr 22, 2016.
Cotton Production & Analytics.
Mar 1, 2016.
Testing Sentinel-2 images for crop monitoring in Pakistan.
Feb 20, 2016.
Crop Information Portal training.
Jan 20, 2016.
Sugarcane Production & Analytics.
Jan 20, 2016.
Training on REDD+ Technology for Forest Department Officers of Punjab.
Oct 29, 2014.
Agriculture Information System project: roll-out workshop.
Aug 13, 2015.
RS/GIS Training in Forest Management, Lahore, 4-8 May 2015.
FAO Pakistan website
Forum: "Pakistan Agriculture Sector". >>>>
SUPARCO, the National Space Agency of Pakistan
Government of Sindh: Agriculture Department
Agri Punjab >>>>